September 12, 2020

Kamado gasket glue

The gasket on our Kamado Joe was falling off after a very hot pizza cooking project. After some Googling, search link here, I found several post where people, to my surprise, used 3M™ Super 77™ Multipurpose Spray Adhesive.

I'm surprised due to it's just specified to handle up to 65 °C, 150 °Fahrenheit. 

It was also not available in the nearest shops so searching a bit further I found ...

... Loctite Repair eXtreme which handles up to 120 °C, 248 Fahrenheit, according to the specification.

I have used it for severals month now, also for other applications, and it works perfect.

Kamado Joe Air Hinge
It could be that the lid to the Kamado isn't staying open. This is an easy fix, just turn the bolt at the hinge clockwise until the lid stays open.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ! ... but due to a lot of spam comments I have to moderate them. Will reply ASAP !